Us – Al Maaref University
Al Maaref University is seeking to appoint a number of Course Instructors for the Fall and Spring Semesters of the academic year 2020/2021.
Al Maaref University is looking forward to hire Leading Educators who should be passionate about the subject they teach, their students, and their job; to join our team and collaborate together to make the difference through Learning.
The Vacancies required in fields of study are as follows:
Field of Teaching
General and specialized practical translations course; translation studies; translation history.
- Engage in teaching on undergraduate level majors according to the faculty mission, values and teaching and learning strategy and make contribution to them.
- Improve teaching performance on a continuous base using self-reflection approach and drawing on continuous students’ feedback.
- Take responsibility in delivering extra curriculum activities such as field trips, class visitations etc. to enhance students’ experience and competency and build collaboration with the industry and community.
- Communicate with students through e-learning platforms such as Google Classroom, Google Hangout Meet, Zoom, WileyPlus, Pearson MyLab and Mastering, McGraw-Hill Connect etc. to contribute to the e-learning track at the faculty.
- Contribute to the wider students’ experience through personal tutoring, classroom teaching and providing support in and outside the classroom
- Participate in interactive online teaching assignments once needed and undertake the necessary training offered by the Faculty.
- Actively participate in Faculty regular meetings and academic and social activities/events to enhance engagement and make and contribution.
- Contribute to the development of the program courses;
- Collaborate with other teachers working on the program;
- Undertake necessary administrative tasks (attend meetings, submit reports, etc.).
To be successful in this role you will have:
- PhD or MA in translation studies or another field of study that reflects a clear focus on translation theories and practices;
- Advanced proficiency in Arabic, English, and/or French (candidates with more than two languages are preferred);
- Higher education teaching experience: preferred for PhD holders and 3 years minimum for MA holders;
- Professional experience: preferred;
- Ability to work in an L2 English academic context.
- An active approach to inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary.
- Excellent communication skills in the English Language
- Enthusiasm and openness for self-development and new teaching methods embrace.
- The attitude and ability to motivate students and deal with different learning and practical challenges.
- Flexibility in undertaking additional duties when required by the faculty.
Announcement will continue until the end of the month of May 2020.