Vacancies at Translation and Languages Department
Academic Year 23/24 – Join Us!
We are seeking to hire Leading Educators on a Part-Time basis to join our team and collaborate to make a difference.
Department of Translation and Languages at Al Maaref University seeks to appoint Part-Time Instructors for the Fall Semester 2023-2024.
The Department is a pioneering, forward- looking, creative, high-spirited and interactive community of students, faculty members, faculty support staff and professionals. We strive for a stimulating, sustainable and innovative Human-centered learning experience, supported by the resources of Al Maaref University and the Faculty’s wider local and external community of professionals.
Our Department uses the most developed methods of teaching taking advantage of the continuous progress in technology, pedagogical methods and human interpersonal relations. Our students are well-prepared to act appropriately using advanced business decision-making techniques, acting in systemic ways, utilizing suitable information technology tools, and bringing forward humane and caring attitude.
Instructors are required to teach Undergraduate (UG) Level Courses and provide students with real-life application cases to boost their problem solving, critical thinking and ethical judgment.
- Engage in teaching on undergraduate level majors according to the faculty mission, values and teaching and learning strategy and make contribution to them.
- Improve teaching performance on a continuous base using self-reflection approach and drawing on continuous students’ feedback.
- Take responsibility in delivering extra curriculum activities such as field trips, class visitations etc. to enhance students’ experience and competency and build collaboration with the industry and community.
- Communicate with students through e-learning platforms such as Google Classroom, Google Hangout Meet, and Zoom etc. to contribute to the e-learning track at the faculty.
- Contribute to the wider students’ experience through personal tutoring, classroom teaching and providing support in and outside the classroom
- Participate in interactive online teaching assignments once needed and undertake the necessary training offered by the Faculty.
- Actively participate in Faculty regular meetings and academic and social activities/events to enhance engagement and make and contribution.
- Contribute to the development of the program courses;
- Collaborate with other teachers working on the program;
- Undertake necessary administrative tasks (attend meetings, submit reports, etc.).
- PhD or MA in translation studies or another field of study that reflects a clear focus on translation theories and practices;
- Advanced proficiency in Arabic, English, and/or French (candidates with more than two languages are preferred);
- Higher education teaching experience: preferred for PhD holders and 3 years minimum for MA holders;
- Professional experience: preferred;
- Ability to work in an L2 English academic context.
- An active approach to inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary.
- Excellent communication skills in the English Language
- Enthusiasm and openness for self-development and new teaching methods embrace.
- The attitude and ability to motivate students and deal with different learning and practical challenges.
- Flexibility in undertaking additional duties when required by the faculty.
The Vacancies required in fields of study are as follows:
TRL Part Time Faculty Member
Note: The Rate per Hour is determined based on the candidate’s academic competencies and experiences.
Interested Candidates are Kindly Requested to APPLY HERE
The announcement will continue until the 31 of May 2023
For more information, please contact the HR department.