The Faculty of Business Administration at Al Maaref University organized its 3rd Webinar under the title “Information Technology and Management Systems Major: Potential Competencies and Challenges.” on Tuesday, May 19, 2020 from 2:00 to 3:00 PM
Information Technology and Management Systems have proven since the early 1990s its potential enabling role in the world of commercial institutions [Industrial, Services and Public] amid continuous competition. Information Technology and Systems major [used interchangeably as IT, MIT and MIS have gained popularity due to the need of specialized people in such domains. This has affected all industries in Lebanon and abroad including the Higher Education system.
This webinar is an opportunity and an eye opener to discuss and explore the below points:
- Continuous need of the IT major in our professional and academic applications.
- Competencies: Upgrading and Updating
- Roles of Universities
- Roles of the Learners
- Opportunities and relevancy to the job market
- Challenges and future directions [Women in IT; Social Media in Education
This webinar aimed to address the below questions:
- The importance of IT in businesses and education focusing on IS
- What are businesses expectations from IT/IS GRADUATES
- Why IT gaining more attention than before?
- Why you should study IT/IS
- Women in IT/IS. How we can eliminate the stigma that IT is a male discipline and why female are desperately needed
- The relation higher institutions between business majors and IT/IS majors
- Why I should study IT/IS