Department of Biology
Beginning with the Sophomore year, all students pursuing an Biology major must complete a minimum of 97 credit semester hours to graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Biology degree distributed as follows:
- A total of 21 credits for general college requirements in all fields: FOE 201, ENG201, ENG202, ENG204, ARB201, and CST 200.
- A total of 6 credits of Mathematics requirements in all fields: MAT 213 and STA 220.
- A total of 25 credits of Sciences requirements in Chemistry and Physics fields: CHE 205, CHE 205L, CHE 210, CHE 210L, CHE 220, CHE 220L, CHE 240, CHE 240L, PHY 260, and PHY 220, PHY 220L, and Science Elective
- A total of 09 credits for liberal arts electives selected from the following courses: GEE201, GEE202, and GEE203.
- A total of 33 credits for biology core requirements as specified per major.
- A total of 6 credits for technical electives selected from a list of courses specified in each major.