Mechanical Engineering is a broad discipline that deals with energy conversion, thermal/fluid systems, mechanical systems, machine design, controls, manufacturing and environment.
The mechanical engineering department at MU prepares students for variety of industrial careers, including design and materials; manufacturing; heating, ventilation & air conditioning; power generation & distribution; and instrumentation. MU mechanical Engineering students are introduced to courses in mechanical design, materials, manufacturing, heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics & control to prepare them to address industrial problems. MU graduates will also be able to continue their graduate studies towards Masters and Ph.D. degrees.
MU Mechanical Engineering department is equipped with laboratories which are integrated with 11 different courses to improve the skills of our students.
The Bachelor of Engineering degree program in Mechanical Engineering is accredited by the Lebanese Ministry of Education and Higher Education under decree # 826 dated June 2nd, 2017 & decree # 936 dated October 30th, 2017. Both decrees are published in the official gazette news No. 25, dated June 8th, 2017 and No. 53 dated November 9th, 2017, respectively. Upon graduation, our graduates are eligible to join the Order of Engineers and Architects in Lebanon.
To graduate with a BE degree in Mechanical Engineering, a student must complete:
- A total of 21 credits for general college requirements in all fields.
- A total of 21 credits of Mathematics requirements in all fields.
- A total of 19 credits of Science requirements.
- A total of 9 credits of liberal arts.
- A total of 65 credits for engineering core requirements as specified per major.
- A total of 14 credits for technical electives selected from a list of courses specified in each major.