Al Maaref University Management System UMS
Any prospective and registered student will be in contact with the University Management System (UMS) which is an enterprise web-based system that automates the internal workflow procedures of the university as well as the interaction with students and instructors.
The UMS allows the university to create a more structured organization, increases the transaction handling capacity, and improves the internal control system.
Most of the UMS features are benefits to the institution. Yet the below items are mostly applicable to automating university procedures.
- Better Service: When employees are able to shift focus from mundane and routine tasks, they can better focus on the students and how to serve them better. The UMS gives the tools to provide students and higher management with top notch service, such as online registration, automatic petition forms, change of major or periodic status reports and updates.
- Liability Reduction: During the course of running a procedure, university management can keep track of everyone involved in the process. Due dates are carefully tracked and you can define what happens when a task needs to become escalated. You will no longer need to worry about tasks slipping through the cracks because some form or email was lost in someone's inbox. Every aspect of a process can be tracked, logged, and audited at a later date. Since business rules became a part of the workflow, frequent changes to those business rules no longer have to be memorized by the staff.
- Increased Precision: The UMS easily forces business rules and regulations. The centralized framework will put under control all required information from different departments to correctly identify and classify cases and take decisions accordingly. Electronic systems are known for accuracy. Thus, rules cannot be avoided.
- Increased Collaboration: Using a workflow system, you can easily integrate your workflows with remote offices, work-at-home employees, business partners, and other branches. Each can be given separate security and allowed to participate by simply using a web browser. Moreover, the collaboration between different branches will be according to a standardized working schema.
- Reduce Labor Costs: The most obvious benefit of the UMS comes from increasing the efficiency of operations. Using a workflow system, you can automate many of the routine, paper intensive tasks done by staff members. Similar to how an assembly line increases manufacturing efficiency, automation increases office efficiency. Even new employees can be productive faster because less time is needed to train them on the details of your processes. Staff will no longer need to know every up-to-the-minute detail of every business process. Employees can organize their tasks in manner that best suits their environment and thus have better control over their assignments. The UMS easily controls business rules and regulations leading to NULL errors in procedure handling. Electronic systems are known for accuracy. Thus, rules cannot be avoided unless by proper authority.
- The UMS scope is an integral component of the envisioned business strategy undertaken by any university. The UMS achieves a balance between competitive edge and costs within a reasonable budget. It also provides certain benefits which do not directly impact financial performance, such as: improved customer service, reduced clerical errors, and more timely information.