Quality Investment in YOU
To fulfill its mission, the Faculty of Mass Communication and Fine Arts is guided by a set of objectives that are reflective of its ethical and socially responsible objectives. These objectives are as follows:
- Offer Lebanon and the immediate region graduates who have creative and fact-finding minds and a passion for reality exploration, examination, and transformation. The Faculty aims to fit the university's mission by playing an active role in addressing Lebanon’s real life challenges, in particular, and the region's actual events, in general, in a professional, ethical, and factual styles.
- Become an active role model in Mass Communication and Fine Arts: The Faculty will utilize an engaging approach to higher education for the purpose of participating enthusiastically in developing a unique, competent, and up-to-date framework of knowledge in the area of Mass Communication. The Faculty community of Al-Maaref University consists of a pool of dedicated and committed faculty members aiming at developing conscientious students ready to bear the truth-value in relation to all fields of mass communication study and practice. The faculty members are faithful to equip graduates with a sense of national loyalty in line with the highest codes of ethics and best programs of proactive citizenship.
- Maintain world-class curricula: The Faculty pursues to design and deliver continuously upgraded and adaptable Mass Communication programs that fit with the country's requirements and contribute to the preparation of participatory citizenship. The Faculty hires experts in the field of communication and fine arts as well as encourages Lebanese media representatives to participate actively in training students on the assessment and utilization of the best practices in the field of mass communication and fine arts.
- Encourage interdisciplinary cooperation across faculties and departments: The Faculty incorporates an ethos of collaboration between all the faculties and departments of the University. It seeks to develop learning and teaching strategy that advocates interdisciplinary curricula that work on pairing with real life cases and scenarios.
- Reward intellectuality, research, and scholarly activities: The Faculty of Mass Communication and Fine Arts relies on the highly qualified faculty members who are active researchers and continuous developers and active participants in the making of best practices of higher education teaching. Al-Maaref University strives to retain the faculty members who show potential and ready to serve the community at large and the fields of mass communication and fine arts. Such commitment will prepare the basis for graduate education that simulates the real needs of the country.
- Foster collaboration with the society: The Faculty aims at fostering and cultivating the channels of communication with the different constituents of the Lebanese media-labor market and the range of commercial entities in mass communication and fine arts industries. The Faculty will develop the appropriate strategies and collaborative agreements with the professional and academic communities in order to secure and enhance the employability of the graduating students in the job market.
- Maintaining and upgrading teaching facilities: The Faculty will strive to offer its students and faculty members with the most appropriate and modern physical and technological facilities and equipment to better support instructional, research, and community service programs.